Thatcher Building for Biological and Biophysical Chemistry
University of Utah
Facilities include high density fume hood laboratories for Bio-Organic, Biophysical, and Bio-Analytical chemistry supported by specialized instrument rooms, and a core lab for mass spectroscopy. Undergraduate students will have access to new Bio-Analytical Chemistry and Bio-Organic Chemistry labs, as well as an Active Learning Center. Laboratory support facilities include dedicated rooms for tissue culture work, sample prep, radioisotope work, and confocal microscopy, as well as shared controlled environment rooms and autoclave facility.
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Services: Laboratory Design
- Category: Education
- Completed: 2013
- Gross Building: 50,000
- Net (Assignable) Building: 26,000
- Laboratory & Laboratory Support: 14,000
- Construction Cost: $ 17,900,000
- LEED Certification Level: Silver
- Paul Richer/Richer Images LLC.